Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Zac Power" book review and a Great Song.

Hello! Welcome to my blog. I have finished all my homework so it's blog time! I love blogging after a busy day at school.


Today I'm doing a book review on Zac Power written by H.I. Larry.



I like the Zac Power books because they are about a super spy named Zac who is only 12 years old. Zac and his brother Leon and their parents who all work for a spy agency called the Government Investigation Bureau or G.I.B for short.




I have just finished reading Shockwave, Frozen Fear and Blockbuster my favorite one is Shockwave because it has more excitement than the others. This book has Zac in the desert because GIB has received a ransom note from Dr Drastic that they pay $500 billion or a purple diamond LaserBlaster will be used to destroy all mobile networks around the world!


One thing I like about this book is all the gadgets Zac has. He has an Impello vest which is designed to pull the wearer in a particular direction. The vest even comes with a warning label that says WARNING not to be used to remove teachers from classrooms. This jacket is how Zac knows he has a mission because he gets pulled to GIB head quarters. he has other gadgets too like the Spy Phone and the Exo Skeleton armoured suit.


Exo Skeleton armoured suit.
Image from "Shockwave", page 24.


All the books are must-reads for boys aged 6 and up.


I give these books 10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!


I am linking with Kids' Picks at 5 Minutes for Books.





Before I go I want to share with you my favorite song at the moment, the official theme of the South African World Cup 2010. Here are the lyrics to the song which is going to be used throughout the entire campaign. It is the soundtrack for all television commercials as well.


Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher


See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets are, exaliftin , as we lose our inhabition,
Celebration its around us, every nation, all around us

Singin forever young, singin songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game.
And together at the end of the day.

WE ALL SAY

When I get older I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom Just like a wavin' flag
And then it goes back
And then it goes back
And then it goes back
When I get older I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom
Just like a wavin' flag
And then it goes back.





Now I am off to read a new book, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid.


Have a great day
Big Al :)

2 comments:

Sir and Miss said...

Hi Big Al,

I love the World Cup theme song. Did you watch the opening concert? It brought tears to my eyes. Yep. I'm a sook.

Love your blog!

Holly (and John)
xx

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

Thanks Big Al! Awesome reviews.

Jennifer, 5minutesforbooks.com